PEACE Investigative Interviewing course
The aim of all professional interviewers is to develop the interpersonal skills required to ask the right questions in such a way that a full and truthful account is provided by the interviewee.
The task of the interviewer is to create an environment where the interviewee feels comfortable to participate in an ethical exchange of information.
The interviewing of victims, witnesses and suspects is an everyday part of an investigator’s role. It is the formal means by which vital information and evidence is obtained in relation to incidents.
It requires specific skills to obtain information and evidence in a way that conforms to the laws of that jurisdiction.
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
• Identify how to conduct effective investigative interviewing
• Describe the core knowledge required to conduct effective investigative interviewing
• Explain the memory process
• Recognize effective questioning skills that will help with memory recall
• Explain the necessary planning and preparation required prior to an interview
• Identify key assessment and decision-making tools you can use during victim and witness interviews
• Describe planning and preparation best practices for victim and witness interviews
• Identify best practices for engaging with an interviewee as a victim or a witness
• Identify key interviewing techniques and models that you can use during victim and witness interviews
• Describe how to perform an evaluation of a victim or witness interview
• Describe planning and preparation best practices for suspect interviews
• Describe key skills for engaging a suspect in an interview
• Identify key interviewing techniques and models that you can use during suspect interviews
• Describe how to perform an evaluation of a suspect interview
Module 1: Course Introduction
Module 2: Investigative Interviewing
Module 3: Core Knowledge: Investigative Interviewing Skills
Module 4: Core Knowledge: The Memory Process
Module 5: Core Knowledge: Questioning Skills
Module 6: Core Knowledge: Assessing Information and Making Decisions
Module 7: Victim and Witness Interviews: Planning and Preparation
Module 8: Victim and Witness Interviews: Engage and Explain
Module 9: Victim and Witness Interviews: Account, Clarification, Challenge and Closure
Module 10: Victim and Witness Interviews: Evaluation
Module 11: Suspect Interviews: Planning and Preparation
Module 12: Suspect Interviews: Engage and Explain
Module 13: Suspect Interviews: Account, Clarification, Challenge and Closure
Module 14: Suspect Interviews: Evaluation / Assessment
*18% GST applicable on fees paid in INR.
**This will be applicable when we start the Physical classes
- PEACE Course Material
- Couse Assessment
- Course Certificate