News & Events
How long does it take to become CFE?
- August 29, 2023
- Posted by: Raghav
- Category: Blogs
Becoming a certificate fraud examiner (CFE) typically requires a professional to meet the CFE requirements, identify their skill set, hone them to meet the ACFE certification criterion, devote time for training sessions and self-study and gain the relevant experience.
Professionals need to understand that the time taken to become a CFE will vary for each candidate, depending upon how fast and closely they meet the CFE requirements.
To begin with, professionals can join the 30-Day Challenge to crack the ACFE certification exam and become certified fraud examiner. You can sign up for the 30-Day Challenge with Netrika, a specially designed program for professionals who have problems keeping to their study plan or believe they’d benefit from extra assistance.
Following the 30-Day Challenge to earn the ACFE Certification, you can also begin with-
- Considering your talents and shortcomings: Take the optional pre-assessment when you are ready to begin studying to evaluate your strengths and weaknesses with respect to the four components of the CFE exam.
- Starting with your strongest points: Examine the sections in the order that works best for you. It is suggested that you start with the strongest of the four categories (the one in which you are most knowledgeable) and work your way down to the weakest. This way, you are studying your weakest area closer to the exam.
- Taking it one section at a time: Only begin studying a new section if you have successfully answered all the questions in the section, you are studying at least once and scored 85% or above on it.
- Reading the Fraud Examiners Manual ahead of time: It is not necessary to read the Fraud Examiners Manual before commencing the Prep Course. Respond to review questions to the best of your ability instead. When you submit a response, you will be shown the correct answer along with a detailed explanation of why it is accurate. If you want to learn more, there will be a link to the specific section of the Fraud Examiners Manual that covers the topic.
- Making a study schedule: The ACFE certification course typically takes 30-50 hours to complete. Determine how many hours you could commit to learning every week. Set goals for finishing the CFE course and taking the test using one of our study plans.
- Sticking to Your Study Plan: Make time on your calendar to study for the ACFE certification exam with the defined course.
To pass the ACFE Certification Exam, you must score at least 75% accuracy on each section. If you fail a section of the exam, you may retake that section. Retake fees for the CFE Exam are $100 per failed section. Attendees of the CFE Exam Review Course will get a $50 retake fee for their first two failed attempts. Each additional attempt will cost $100. With your exam results email, you will receive instructions on how to pay exam retake fees. Each of the four sections must be passed three times.
The ACFE Certification Committee will assess your full ACFE Certification Exam application within three weeks after passing the CFE Exam. If additional information is required, you will be notified through email. We will also email you once your CFE certification has been accepted, and your CFE certificate will be issued to you within 6-8 weeks.
The ACFE Certification Exam is not highly difficult, but passing it and getting certification need effort and hard work. This entails the candidate developing a strategy as well as providing relevant assistance. A thorough plan and preparation advice can assist the individual in passing the exam on the first try.
Netrika collaborates with the ACFE to assist professionals in obtaining their CFE Certification.
Netrika offers a unique training plan incorporating significant industry exposure in partnership with ACFE, the global leader in anti-fraud training. Our CFE certificate curriculum validates skills and experience, indicating a high level of skill, knowledge, and professionalism.
With an ACFE authorised trainer with more than 29 years of experience in fraud risk management, Netrika boasts a 99% success rate in earning the ACFE Certification and has trained 50+ CFE delegates around India. Through a skilled instructor-led CFE training session, Netrika empowers and promotes awareness for professionals and businesses. It will help you on your anti-fraud professional journey by preventing potential fraud and lowering risks in organisations.