News & Events
What is the basic qualification required for applying CFE certification and from where I should do it?
- January 29, 2024
- Posted by: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Category: Blogs
Earning the Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) certification is a valuable step towards a successful career in fraud investigation-related disciplines. To be eligible for and successfully pass the Certified Fraud Examiner exam and achieve certification, a professional must conform to the basic ACFE standards and meet the standard eligibility criterion.
Here is the basic qualification required for applying for CFE certification-
- Candidates must join the ACFE, an independent organization that maintains and administers the Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) credential, offers anti-fraud training, and produces recommendations for conducting effective fraud investigations.
- Applicants can register for membership and enroll in ACFE courses using the ACFE or Netrika websites. Candidates must go through a series of procedures in the application process before they can register.
- Follow the CFE Code of Professional Ethics as laid down by ACFE.
- A bachelor’s degree in accounting, business, finance, economics, psychology, sociology, criminal justice, and/or computer science is required.
- Professionals from a variety of backgrounds may be considered, as the ACFE does not require a major in any field. If a candidate has fulfilled the other prerequisites, no formal schooling may be necessary for ACFE exam certification.
- Professional experience in at least one of the domains connected to fraud investigation. This could include a master’s degree in fraud investigation, forensic accounting, digital forensics, financial crime management, or another relevant discipline.
Apply for the CFE exam using an online application form. The online application includes four components: CFE exam expenses, qualifications, experience and character, and a signature statement. Candidates must provide proof that demonstrates their education and professional experience. ACFE India also demands a recent image and three professional recommendation letters. Users will receive a confirmation email within 5-7 days of completing their application. ACFE India suggests that applicants for the CFE exam apply at least 30 days before the exam date.
To assist professionals in obtaining fraud examiner certification, Netrika offers best-in-class certified training professionals with considerable experience in fraud detection and prevention to guide the process and provide expert training. Netrika’s collaboration with ACFE to become India’s sole training partner displays the integrity of its trainers.