News & Events
Best Fraud Examiner Certification in India
- December 1, 2023
- Posted by: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Category: Blogs
Certified Fraud Examiners are employed to investigate suspicious activity that has been brought to light by whistleblowers or internal audit results. A fraud examiner certification in India teaches about legal matters, intricate financial transactions, investigative methods, and how to handle fraud accusations. A professional with a fraud investigator certification is equipped with the knowledge and abilities to recognise and reduce complex fraud risks, which include financial transactions, investigative techniques, potential legal issues, and handling fraud claims. In addition to teaching professionals how to recognise fraud, a certified fraud examiner training educates them on why fraud occurs. Undergoing a certified fraud examiner course and obtaining a certification facilitates career growth and allows people to become leaders in the global anti-fraud community.
A Certified Fraud Examiner’s duties include addressing fraud-related complaints, gathering proof, interviewing witnesses, drafting reports, providing testimony, and supporting the efforts to stop and identify white-collar crime and fraud.
The Best Fraud Examiner Certification in India
A fraud examiner certification in India denotes proficiency in the prevention, detection, and deterrence of fraudulent activities. CFEs are taught to identify the warning signs and red flags that point to possible fraud within an institution. The certificate was established by the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE) in 1989 to contribute to the growing complexities in the business community to help identify and deter frauds by leveraging the best practices and talent. The ACFE is a fraud prevention training and education group that created and upholds the CFE accreditation.
In India, a Certified Fraud Examiner is responsible for handling fraud cases, obtaining information, recording statements, preparing reports, providing testimony regarding the results, and supporting efforts to stop and identify white-collar crime and fraud.
The Certified Fraud Examiner Course comprises four subjects, including-
A.Financial Transactions and Fraud Schemes
- What is Fraud
- Fraud Triangle and Types of Frauds
- Basic accounting and auditing theory,
- Fraud schemes,
- Internal strategic controls to prevent fraud and related accounting and auditing issues.
- Understanding the legal implications of conducting fraud investigations in different business landscapes.
- Criminal and civil law,
- Rules of evidence,
- Understanding the rights of the accused, accuser, and witnesses.
- Types of Investigation
- Interviewing witnesses, obtaining statements, extracting information from public documents, tracing criminal activities, analysing dishonesty, and report drafting.
D.Fraud Prevention and Deterrence
- Understanding the reasons why people commit fraud and what are the ways to prevent it.
- Crime causality, white-collar crime, occupational fraud,
- Fraud prevention,
- Fraud risk assessment,
- ACFE Code of Professional Ethics
For professionals involved in the identification and deterrence of fraud, the ACFE’s Certified Fraud Examiner credential is an internationally recognised credential. Prior to receiving the CFE from ACFE India, professionals must have relevant experience that demonstrates their ability to manage fraudulent activity within an organisation. This feature of ACFE positions it as a leader in the world of providing specialised training against fraud.