News & Events
How to become a Certified Fraud Examiner?
- October 27, 2023
- Posted by: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Category: Blogs
Netrika collaborates with ACFE to design India’s first instructor-led certified CFE (certified fraud examiner) training course. Our CFE course India provides participants with professional recognition and reputation, as well as greater marketability and career stability all around the world. Netrika’s instructor-led CFE training course empowers and promotes awareness for both professionals and companies to resist new frauds and reduce the danger of existing ones.
However, the applcations need to aware of the process they must follow to become a certified fraud examiner.
How to become a Certified Fraud Examiner
While different educational and occupational courses may lead to CFE certification, the following are typical professional steps:
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in accounting, business, finance, economics, psychology, sociology, criminal justice, and/or computer science is required. Professionals from a number of areas may be considered, however, because the ACFE does not require a major in any subject. If an applicant has completed other mentioned qualifications, no formal education may be required for the ACFE exam certification.
- A professional background in at least one of the fields related to fraud investigations. This could be in accounting, finance, banking, law enforcement, and computer forensics, or a master’s degree in fraud investigation, forensic accounting, digital forensics, financial crime management, or another related field.
- Candidates must become members of the ACFE, an independent organisation that maintains and administers the Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) credentialing, provides anti-fraud training, and develops recommendations for conducting effective fraud investigations. Applicants can register for membership and enrol in ACFE courses on the websites of the ACFE or Netrika. Candidates must complete a number of steps in the application process before they can register.
- To prepare for the CFE certification exam, take the CFE Exam Prep Course and/or the CFE Exam Review Course from a certified body.
- Apply for the CFE exam through an online application procedure. CFE exam costs, qualifications, experience and character, and a signature statement are the four components of the online application. Candidates must offer documentation proving their education and professional experience. ACFE India also requires a recent photograph as well as three professional recommendation letters. Users will receive a confirmation email within 5-7 days after submitting their application. ACFE India recommends that applications for the CFE exam be submitted at least 30 days before the exam date.
- Complete the CFE certification exam in the allotted time (8 hours spread over thirty days) and obtain 75% or adobe as passing marks to be eligible for the CFE certificate.
- Follow the CFE’s Code of Professional Ethics.
In addition to these prerequisites, a candidate must construct a study strategy with reliable resources, in order to pass the certified fraud examiner exam on the first try.