How Do You Become a Certified Risk Management Professional?
Certified risk management professionals are the credentialed experts engaged in identifying, accessing risks, and implementing relevant solutions to mitigate or minimize their effects. With a massive landscape of potential threats, from physical security breaches, cyber-attack, and other threatening acts that render significant legal or financial challenges, risk management professionals deep dive into the root cause of the issue.
This sensitivity in risk management professional profile encompassing the domain that obtaining a certification in this vertical is rewarding for career pace and business safety. To start with, aspiring certified risk management professionals must be accustomed to the following types of risks:
- Operational risk: When the normal operations are disrupted by the penetration of an abnormality, such as property theft, safety concern, product damage, supply chain fraud, etc, its operational risk is assessed.
- Financial risk: The financial businesses at risk tend to scrutinize transactions to assess potential risk factors in purchases, investments, credit, and trade.
- Reputational risk: A mishap with services or products tends to influence reputation loss to a company. Certified risk management professionals are expected to handle threats that threaten a company’s reputation and cause negative publicity.
How to become a certified risk manager
Coming to the vital elements necessary to follow to be at a higher chance of passing risk management courses with certificates, an aspirant must:
- Earn required education or meet the eligibility criterion
Certified risk management professionals might come from different educational backgrounds, but the essential requirement to be eligible for the certification are:
- Obtain a bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Full-time experience, in risk management relevant fields, including internships.
- Gain experience in the field
While you do not need a certification to enter into the risk management profile in industries, obtaining certification would require you to gain some experience and develop basic skills along the process. Industry exposure also helps you to decide which niche you wish to specialize in under the risk management courses.
- Determine the proper certification suited to your choice and career path
Certification in risk management is the key enabler to defining your success in the field. Choose from the myriad of certifications offered to advance your career. The right certifications play a vital role in industry preference, job profile, and salary.
Assisting in this domain, RIMS-CRMP, the certified risk management professional program helps elevate a professional’s status, increases earning potential and gives a competitive edge with its validation of the certified risk manager’s performance ability, technical knowledge, and commitment to quality.
Earn a niche certification if your goal is to specialize your professional expertise. Below are the risk areas:
- Operational Risk Management
- GRC or Governance Risk and Compliance
- Certified Professional in Healthcare Risk Management
- Risk Management Assurance
Netrika, being a global leader in risk mitigation, collaborates with RIMS-CRMP to assist in the competency-based certification risk management courses in India. The RIMS-CRMP is an online and in-person exam that enhances one’s professional reputation by making them recognized in the industry. The certification is elaborated evidence of a certified risk management professional’s expertise, dedication to the profession, and continued competence.
What is the RIMS-CRMP Certification?
RIMS-CRMP (Certified Risk Management Professional) certification is the formally recognised certification by the Risk Management Society (RIMS), which helps the risk management professionals attain proficiency and comprehension pertaining to the risk management area. RIMS-CRMP to your professional profile to demonstrate that you can successfully manage risk and create value for your organization.
What are the benefits for RIMS-CRMP Certification?
The RIMS-CRMP Certification course benefit in providing practical knowledge, competitive advantage by creating a valuable distinction for the candidate in the job market. With RIMS-CRMP certification, the candidate has the potential to increase earning, elevate status and enhance professional reputation.
What is the duration of RIMS-CRMP Certification course?
The course provided by Netrika Consulting India is a 5 – week course.
What is the period of the certification?
The RIMS-CRMP Certification is awarded for a period of two years.